Friday 13 September 2013

Fragrance Direct Friday

*All products purchased by me.
Hi all, today I am introducing a weekly feature for my blog called Fragrance Direct Friday.  Anyone who is familiar with this site knows that there is many a bargain to be had there.  They stock loads of branded cosmetics at greatly reduced prices as well as perfumes and bath and body/skincare etc.  They won't have an entire line of polishes in stock, mostly last season/excess stock etc, but they do have a bucket load of polishes for under £2, including Essie's for £1.99, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure's for £1.49.  They also stock a selection of OPI's for £3.99.  Much of my stash has amassed from fragrance direct buying frenzies, and I never buy a mainstream polish unless I've checked there first  (Although my basket total has always been under £20)
 Every Friday I will be featuring swatches and reviews for a polish I have bought from there, and links to the item wherever possible.



First up is Rimmel Lycra Pro - Heart on Fire.  It's a gorgeous intense classic red.  My camera had real problems picking this colour up accurately, so I've had to do a fair bit of tweaking on the photo to show a more accurate colour.  That's why my skin colour looks so off here: )


 I was a little bit 'meh' about this in the bottle, but after I swatched it properly I started to really like it.  I've never been a fan of classic red polish really, seemed a little dated to me, but I can see myself using this a lot in the future.   The coverage was good in 2 coats, and I love the brushes on these polishes.  They're fairly wide but not too long, and the tip is curvy so it fits snugly near your cuticle.  I always seem to need a lot less clean up after painting with these types of brushes.  I can't say too much about drying time as I always use Seche Vite on wet polish, but they did seem to dry pretty quickly.  Quicker than a lot of others anyway.

 I picked this up for 99p which was a total steal!  Unfortunately, I've just checked the site, and this particular shade is no longer available.  They do have a good selection of other shades from this line for the same price which can be found here.   The best deal I could find for this particular shade was on ebay for £3.99 + free postage.  I couldn't find it on superdrug or boots, and I think there's only 1 on ebay so if you want it, you may need to be quick!

I think I may start posting these 2 at a time so I can clear the backlog, then hopefully, they'll still be on Fragrance Direct at the time of posting!

What are your thoughts on classic red polish, sexy temptress, or someone's nan?


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love reds.
    Great feature - I will definitely check back for this - thanks! I've never bought from that site but will have a look now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy, the prices they have on there sometimes! I bought a Maybelline MNY polish yesterday for 75p. Those are car boot sale prices : D

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )