Friday 18 October 2013

#33DC - Day 12 - Pattern from your home.

 Hi lovely people!  Welcome to Friday.  I'm back for Day 12 of the #33DC and the prompt for today is a pattern from your home.  I don't really have patterns in my home, but I knew as soon as I saw this prompt that I wanted to base my mani on my bedding.

This is my pillow, and I have the matching duvet cover too (duh!)  As you can see, I have done a skittle mani with this as one of the nails.  When me and the Mr went to Download Festival 2011, the guys camping next to us had a monochrome union jack and pirate flags flying from their tent, and we both liked the union jack, so when I spotted this duvet cover set it was a no-brainer.  Probably the most boring story in the world (unlike the festival which is awesome!), but it's where the idea for the pirate themed nails came from.
I started with a base of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Lavender Cloud, then freehanded the stripes on the pinky with black acrylic paint, and the flag with acrylic paint and NYC - Sidewalkers.  I've never painted a union jack before, and kind of expected to fail the first time at least, but that wasn't the case.  It's a bit wobbly here and there, but nonetheless I am pleased with how it came out.  The index and middle fingers were stamped with images from Cheeky plate CH49.
For the thumb nail, I painted the union jack as before, then when it was dry, I stamped an image from my new Born Pretty Store skulls stamping plate with Barry M Silver - Foil. I couldn't get it quite central, but I've only stamped once with something that wasn't a full nail image so that's something I need to practise.  When it was all dry, I had to go in with the NYC - Matte Me Crazy matte topcoat since it's based on fabrics.
As always, I'd love to know what you guys think of this....yay or nay?







2 comments:

  1. I like this and the monochrome union jack is pretty awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to take it off after a day to do other mani's though - gutted! : (

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )