Monday 21 October 2013

#33DC - Day 13 - Chinese

 Hi guys and girls.  I'm back for Day 13 of the ~33DC and the prompt for today is Chinese.  My mani was inspired by the stunning East Lake Cherry Blossom Park in Wuhan City, China.  If you haven't seen it, do a google image search for it - it is really beautiful there.



This is admittedly a pretty crude depiction, especially the little house silhouette on the index finger, but from a normal distance this looked really nice. I'm not too good at freehand yet, and I've never tried to paint scenery before either, so I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt.  It's incredible how much this challenge has pushed me to try new things - some of which, I have been very pleased with the results.  The mani I've done for Wednesday is certainly one of those, I can't wait to post it : D

  
This mani was not actually my first idea.  I did another mani before this which I will show you here.  I didn't hate it, but when I had this idea, I realised that this was a lot nicer.
 This is the first Chinese mani I did, and it was inspired by the beauty of the Chinese New Year celebrations. On the ring finger I hand painted the Chinese symbol for beauty from a picture that I will put below.  It didn't come out great, but I don't think it was too bad.  The rest of the fingers are stamped with an image that reminds me of all the beautiful decorations used for the celebration.  Not the most original idea, but still quite nice!

10 comments:

  1. I think you did a fabulous job with the cherry blossoms! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally nailed those cherry blossoms! (no pun intended :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. An excellent job for a first attempt, much better than mine would be I can tell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's very sweet of you. I was expecting it to be terrible, and that I would just scrap the idea eventually but I wanted to try. I should probably push myself more often! : D xx

      Delete
  4. Both ideas look great! I love the red-and-gold colors of the first one, and in the second one the cherry blossom trees look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I liked the first one too, and I was really suprised I ended up doing 2 mani's for a country prompt as I find them quite hard : ) x

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )