Wednesday 9 October 2013

#33DC - Day 8 - Chevrons


Hi guys!  I'm back for Day 8 of the #33DC and the prompt for today is Chevrons.  This is another style of nail art that I haven't attempted before, so once again, I decided to keep it simple. I love that this challenge is pushing me to try new things, it's one of the reasons I wanted to participate, and I've liked a lot of the mani's that have come out of it too!





I received this Sally Hansen Gem Crush polish in a grab bag from facebook, which was excellent timing as I had recently finished my bottle of Barry M Red Glitter, so I needed another full coverage red glitter before Christmas anyway.  I do wish I'd waited a little bit longer to do this mani though, as I picked up Shimmer Polish - Lucie a few days later which is mostly silver glitter with a few bits of red in it.  Missed opportunity for some reverse colour accent nails which would have been pretty cool!  Oh well, you live, you learn!


I used 1 coat of Rimmel Lycra Pro - Heart on Fire (click for swatches), and 2 coats of Sally Hansen Gem Crush - Cha-Ching, then just freehanded the chevrons with some silver acrylic paint.  That's why they're a bit wonky : D


This is also the last mani I have done in advance for the challenge.  Work has totally ruined the skin under my fingers, and I had to chop my nails right down so I could try and help them heal. : (  So the next photos will be of short nails again, and my thumb will be absent as it's still looking gross!
Don't forget to have a look at what the other, more talented ladies have done for this prompt at the bottom : D




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous red glitter! I'm so amazrd you actually finished a bottle of red glitter, I can't imagine me finishing any polish ever! haha
    I would have loved to see the version with the silver gliter also, so you could re-do this nail art once , :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I only finished it because I've had it about 5 years : D I'm definately thinking of doing something similar for Christmas with both polishes, so it might not be exactly the same, but yes xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )