Thursday 31 October 2013

UK Indie Month - Dragonglass Nails - Thor

 
Happy Halloween!  Today is also the last day of UK Indie Month, and I have 3 more brands to get through, so you lucky people will get 3 posts from me today.  Hopefully your blog roll is so chock-a-block with Halloween mani's that you can forgive me for not having one for you today.  Anyway, I like Halloween mani's all year round, so I'll do some eventually, even if it's in the middle of summer XD



First up is the wonderful Dragonglass Nails - Thor, and this is a polish I have been eyeing up for quite some time now.  I'm a total sucker for polishes with an insane amount of holo in their glitter, and this is most certainly one of those.  Thor is a mix of tiny black glitters, larger silver holographic glitters, and a few small red square glitters.  I've layered 2 thin coats over Rimmel Lycra Pro - Night Flight.  It's not exactly the same as the picture on the etsy listing, but I like this version even more so it's no loss for me.  It's like she's tweaked it to fit me perfectly : )
This is my first Dragonglass polish, so I'm not sure what the differences are (if any) with the other shades, but I like the idea that each person gets a very slightly different variation - I think that would be pretty cool.  Also, Georgia now offers a density option for her glitters.  When you purchase your polish, you can choose if you would like it as a topper, so your base colour shows through or a full coverage glitter. I think that's an excellent idea.  I know I have been disappointed with the density of many glitter toppers over the years, and I'm sure you guys have too!
I managed to take a bit of blurry, weird coloured video footage just to show you guys how crazy the holo in this glitter really is - although it's so much more in real life.   I love it, I kept waving my fingers around to watch it change.  (Am I the only weirdo who does that?)

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only weirdo that moves fingers to see how sparkly your nails are. I do it as well! *chuckles* In my mind I go "oooh, sparkly" too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to want everyone else to see it too. People must think I'm mad sometimes going look, look at the sparkles. No really, look XD x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )