Saturday 23 November 2013

Fragrance Direct Friday (on Saturday)

 Hi guys, welcome to the weekend!  I don't know about you, but I am seriously looking forward to Doctor Who tonight!  I'm gutted that I haven't had time to do any DW nails yet, but I may do some tonight when it's finished anyway : )   Before that though, I have this weeks installment of Fragrance Direct Friday.  I'm sad to announce that next weekend will be the last one of these features for a little while, but don't worry, I will be doing a new, as yet un-named feature, with lots of bargain's from elsewhere around the web, in it's place.



Today I have 2 gorgeous Sally Hansen's to show you.  This one is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Brisk Blue.  This is a gorgeous medium blue cream, that covers very well in 2 coats.  I think 1 coat would actually be enough, if you can apply it very carefully.  I didn't though, so I did 2 coats here with 1 coat of SV : )  I bought this for £1.49 here.
I decided to take these pictures in direct light instead of using my lightbox like I normally do.  It is great, but I find that the shine is lost when I take my pictures in there which really annoys me.  I may stick with this arrangement, but I'd love to know what you guys prefer.
I haven't gotten around to trying to stamp with this yet, but I think it will be good.  I will be sitting down at some point to test a load of polishes for stamping anyway, so I'll try it out then.  Naturally, I will be doing a post with the results for you guys too.  Anyway, I like this polish, and don't really have anything like this shade in my stash, so this was a welcome addition.
The second polish I have to show you is from the Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat range - this is Fractured Foil.  I got this for 99p here.  I know that a lot of people despise crackle polishes, but I'm not one of them.  I don't love them but I don't hate them either.  I know there are some people out there who love crackle though, so this is for you guys.
I've had this sitting in my untrieds for quite a while now, as I swatched it on a falsie when I first got it, and it looked kinda meh, so I left it unloved for a while.  I layered 1 coat over Brisk Blue here, and waited for the crackle effect to finish.  It still looked a little meh, but once I added a topcoat it really came to life.  I ended up applying another layer once that was dry, as it seemed to eat the topcoat a little, but 2 was enough, and it was really shiny and sparkly again.
 I like this combo a lot.  With the silver and blue combo and the cracks it reminds me of a frozen lake.  Pretty appropriate since it's almost Christmas December. 
Anyway, that's it from me today, I will be back tomorrow with something for you.  Not sure what exactly yet, but I'll have something.  In the meantime, have a look at what the other British Nail Bloggers have been up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. I do love this blue. I have masses of blue polishes, but always room for one more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. I have a thing for electric blues, I can't get enough of them : ) x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous blue and good with the gold crackle too ,not sure if I like crackle coats or not lol,seeing your mani makes me want to try mine again:)
    Shame you're not doing anymore Fragrance direct hauls, loved seeing them ,as it's not always easy to tell what the colour of the polishes are like on FD , so I for one will miss it (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crackle is definately one of those hit or miss things, sometimes they look good, other times they don't : )
      FDF will be back in the future, probably in the next few weeks knowing my spending habits XD A lot of the polishes in my new feature will be ebay bargains, so hopefully just as good. xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )