Wednesday 8 January 2014

Nail Lacquer UK - Ice Queen

Hi guys, today I have some nail art and another lovely UK Indie to show you.  This is Nail Lacquer UK - Ice Queen, which is a blue-green flakie top coat. This is 2 coats over an un-named Color Club blue.


 Please forgive the mess in these photos, these are pre clean-up.  :) The formula was easy to work with, it did need a couple of drops of thinner at first, but it has been sat in my untried rack for months now, which could be why.  As you can see, there aren't a tonne of flakies on the nail, but I think that could be partially because I have a mini-bottle, so the brush is quite small too. 
On the bright side, that was what made me decide to stamp over it, and I really loved the results :)
The swirls were stamped with Kleancolor - Metallic Pink and MoYou Mother Nature 01.  I loved how the stamping seemed to change the base colour too, it looks a lot less blue and a lot more purple, which can only be a good thing in my eyes!
I've never stamped over flakies before but I really loved the end result.  I didn't find the Color Club to have the best formula, and I think it shows in my application, but I loved the combo so much I stuck with it anyway.  Never mind, I can't always get it perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )