Sunday 5 January 2014

Sunday Spotlight: W7 - Gold Mirror & Blue Mirror

Hi guys, I'm back already with this weeks Sunday Spotlight, and the brand today is W7.  I have 2 polishes from the mirror collection to show you, with some blingy nail art to boot!
This will be a picture heavy post.

The first polish is Blue Mirror, shown here at 2 coats with topcoat. You may want to opt for 3 if you want total perfection, but as I was planning on using it as a base I didn't feel the need.  It does look very patchy on the first coat, but I found that with a gentle hand it seemed to spread a lot more evenly.  I adore this polish as a base in winter themed nail art, it's so pale and frosty.  You can get this, and gold mirror for £2.85 + free shipping on ebay here.
Then I did a tape mani, that was inspired by this mani by Misha from Enigmatic Rambles. I used a Barry M glitter that I got for free in Boots for spending £6 or more on Barry M on Boxing Day.  I quickly painted 2 coats of the glitter over the tape, and when I peeled up the tape, I liked the texture of the mani, so I skipped the top coat. 
Even without top coat, this mani was extremely sparkly, so much more than you can see in the picture.  Please forgive the awful clean-up on this, it didn't look that bad in real life, I swear :)

The other shade I have to show you is Gold Mirror, and this polish has actually been featured in 2 very recent designs - the textured gradient tape mani I posted yesterday, and as undies in my sparkly leopard print mani, posted earlier today.  I guess it's safe to say it has become my go-to light gold base :)
This is also shown at 2 coats, with top coat.  Again, a 3rd may be preferable for some people, but I didn't feel the need myself.

I have heard that some W7's are a bit stinky, but I'm pleased to report that these smell like any other polish to me :)  What do you guys think of these 2 polishes?  Are you a fan of W7?


4 comments:

  1. I love Blue Mirror and what you did with it! I only have one W7 polish, Moondust. But perhaps I should visit the drugstore that sells them over here more often to check their offerings of W7 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! when I was looking for the listing on ebay, I saw quite a few others that I really wanted to buy. I managed to resist for now, but I'll probably give in soon and get them :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks :) I can see me using the silver glitter a lot, it's gorgeous :)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )