Saturday 11 January 2014

Winterberry Nail Art: Part 3

 *Some products in this post were discounted in exchange for review.
 Hi guys, this post was actually supposed to be up last night, but I didn't get a chance to type it up in the end, so I will be double posting today instead.  This first post is another item from Winterberry Nail Art - the 3D gunmetal skull charms. 



The base for this mani is a polish I have had in my stash for ages, but never really use - L'Oreal Jet-Set - Boogie, and the skulls image is from MoYou London - Biker 10, stamped with Barry M Silver Foil.
The glitter is 2 coats of Gunmetal Glitter by La Femme Beauty, and this is the first time I have actually worn this.  I'm really impressed with this glitter, for such a cheap polish, the tiny details are awesome.  Check out the macro shot below, those tiny green specks are in fact, itsy bitsy little bars!
I got very excited when I noticed that, I didn't even know they made bar glitter that small! I think it's bloody adorable :)
This charm has a fairly flat back, but is not hollow like the leopard charm was, so you have a larger area to put the glue on.  I did this mani late at night, and whilst I did use nail glue this time, I think I may have been a little impatient, and stuck it on before the polish was completely dry as it did come off in the morning.  I glued it straight back on though, and it held up fine throughout the rest of the day.  It's probably worth mentioning that I do have quite small and curved nails, so a lot of this charm was not actually touching the nail to begin with.  If your nails are wider or flatter than mine, or even if you were to use it on your thumb, you would probably have a little less trouble than me.
I think you guys already know, but I adored this mani.  How could I not - it's black polish, glitter and skulls.  Doesn't get much better in my opinion! 
I'd love to know what you guys think though, I know it's not every body's cup of tea, but how about those tiny green bars?  Did they make you go 'awwwww'?

Don't forget, I have a discount code to share with you guys :)  Use the code PEPIPO15 at the checkout for 15% off all items, including sale items if you spend £2 or more.








2 comments:

  1. This is exactly my sort of thing - love everything about this :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you might :p This particular plate is the dog's y'know, there is a ribcage image I can't wait to use :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )