Sunday 30 March 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Week 13 - Monochrome/Mothers Day

Hi guys!  I'm back today with week 13 of FingerFood's Theme Buffet.  Today we have a choice of 2 prompts, monochrome and Mother's Day, so I did a monochrome mani in my mum's favourite colour, purple.  I should also be doing her nails for her later on tonight :D And happy Mother's Day to all the mum's out there, I hope you have a fab day and your kids spoil you rotten (so long as they're able of course)

So, the base for this is Rimmel Sweetie Crush - Violet Swizzle.  Sorry about the teaser, I was planning to post the swatches first, but last weeks brief absence sort of messed up my schedule.  I will post proper swatches of this, and the pink one tomorrow though :)
I decided to keep it fairly simple and did some freehand zebra stripes with Barry M - Plum and Rimmel Lycra Pro - Ultra Violet.  I have been guilty of stamping whenever I wanted zebra print recently, so my freehand is a little rusty, but I think it could have turned out a lot worse.
If you're feeling like my nails/pictures look a little different today, you're right.  I cut down a little bit of length from my nails recently, although I broke a little corner off my middle nail today, so I guess I'm going to have to take them down a little bit more tonight.  It's only a tiny corner though, so at least I won't have to lose too much length.
I also have a new watermark, it's a bit simpler than the one I had before, but I like it.  I'm also itching to give my blog a little bit of a makeover, so don't be surprised if it all looks different in the next week or so.
What do you guys think of the new (but now old) length?  How about the watermark?  And the mani?




12 comments:

  1. I really like this mani and the lilac shade and the colors go together perfectly great job :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun, I wasn't sure about it at first, but it really grew on me :) xx

      Delete
  2. This design looks so cool! Just had to come and comment when I seen it! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks hun :) I wasn't 100% on whether I liked this or not, so it's really nice to know other people do <3 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is bloody gorgeous hun! xx :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks hun! My zebra stripes are a little dodgy though, need more practice (as in, stop stamping all the time! :p) xx

      Delete
  5. Me likey the nails & art! I won't know about your site changes until I see them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :D You'll only see them if and when my lazy arse can be bothered to do them lol :p xx

      Delete
  6. wow lovely mani.Loved the colors and zebra prints

    ReplyDelete
  7. purple zebra !! wow love the idea and your nails look perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )