Saturday 15 March 2014

Saturday Spotlight - 2true Sequins (& Nail Art of course!)

Hi again!  In today's post I have another gorgeous texture to show you from 2true.  This is Elle, a gorgeous candy pink textured glitter polish, with a few larger silver hex glitters.



The photos show 2 coats with no top coat.  The formula on this is lovely, I found it really easy to work with.  So easy in fact, that I skipped the clean-up on these photos.  Dry time seemed pretty quick, and the texture is not as rough as some other brands.  It's maybe a little more textured than the original Pixie Dusts, but not by that much. 
I am 100% in love with this polish, it's such a gorgeous shade of pink, and it's so sparkly, even without top coat.  I didn't actually get top coated pictures this time around, as I stamped quite a subtle colour over this, and I didn't want it to get completely lost amongst the sparkle.  I can't wait to wear this again though, so I promise I will try it next time. (although I'm not sure how this could possibly be any more sparkly!)
I only have 1 other textured pink glitter at the moment, Barry M - Princess, which I didn't like at all against my skin tone when I swatched it on my thumb. (promise to swatch it properly eventually, but it keeps getting pushed to the back of the queue for this reason) This one is much better though, it doesn't make me look like a Simpson! 
I stamped on this with NYC Aqua Mystic and MoYou Back to the 80's 04 (shocker! :p) It does get a bit lost in the glitter as it is, hence no top coated version. 
Normally, I prefer nail art over a straight up swatch any day, but I actually liked this polish more without any frills added.  I have 2 more textures from this brand to show you next Saturday too, so I'm looking forward to swatching them :)
Even in the macro shot it's hard to see the stamping properly, although I still think it looks pretty.
What do you guys think?

2true are available to buy in store at Superdrug, and online.  I was really lucky, and picked this up last week when it was at half price, but the normal retail price is still only £4.  Personally, I couldn't think of a better way to spend under a fiver, although I may be slightly biased by the fact that I freakin' love this polish with a passion! :D



2 comments:

  1. Subtle stamping but it does work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I did look almost purple from distance which was cool x

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )