Thursday 17 April 2014

A is for: Angel Kiss

Hi guys! Today I am starting a new weekly series, along with Charlie from Pocket Money Polishes, Emma from Imagination in Colour, and Anna from Anna Bean's Nails - an A-Z of polish.  Every Thursday we will be going through a different letter of the alphabet, and choosing a shade of polish that starts with that letter to build a mani around.  As you can imagine, some letters will be a doddle, whereas others might be a little bit harder, like Q, X and Z.  Luckily, there aren't any strict rules - one week I may do nail art, another week it might be a swatch, but it should be a nice way to just give us some direction.  I don't know about you guys, but sometimes I take so long trying to chose a polish to wear, that I don't have time to finish my mani in the end.......



So, this week we have A (obviously), and the polish I chose is Color Club - Angel Kiss, a gorgeous light green holo.  I was going to just do a swatch, but in the end I decided to do a couple of accent nails, so I just did a random brushstroke mani with Angel Kiss, as well as Miss Bliss and Eternal Beauty also from Color Club.
I haven't been wearing my holo's much recently, as I'm still struggling with capturing linear holo's accurately on camera, but I figured the only way I'm going to fix that is to keep experimenting with my lighting set-up. That means I kind of need to be wearing them to find out if it's working or not.  I do seem to be making some progress with that though, so I'll crack it eventually!
I really love this polish, this is the first time I have worn it alone, the only other time I've used it was to stamp with, and I can't believe it's taken me this long.  It really is a stunner!
What do you guys think?
Make sure you check out the other ladies posts too, all the links in the first paragraph should open in a new window :)



4 comments:

  1. I love the way that brushstroking the holos makes it look sort of like crinkly foil from a candy or something. Very shiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I don't know why I hadn't done this sooner really, but I did love how it turned out too. The holo was even more stunning in real life :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love holos, and this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, and this one really is fab! I have to own all of the Halo Hues eventually, they're incredible :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )