Sunday 27 April 2014

FingerFood's Theme Buffet - Something New

Hi guys, and welcome to another day of FingerFood's Theme Buffet.  The prompt for today is " try something new", which could be interpreted a few ways, but I chose to go with a new technique..........

So, I decided to try the distressed nail art technique, following this fabulous tutorial from Chalkboard Nails.
The neon colours I used were Color Club - Mrs Robinson, BYS - Pink Panic, and Pop Beauty - Radioactive and Brave.  The black I used was Sinful Colors - Black on Black. I think I could have done with adding a bit of thinner to BoB really, but it was tucked away and I didn't wan to ruin my base trying to get it, so I just worked with it.  Luckily for me, the slight goopiness of the black seemed to help it drag and pull, lending itself pretty well to this technique :)
This is another one of those things that I had been meaning to try for ages, but after a disastrous attempt on a false nail months ago, I kept putting it off.  I'm really glad I had a proper go though, I loved how this turned out.  Then again, I've never not loved a mani that included neon's and black, so that's hardly a surprise!
I'm looking forward to trying this technique with different colours, and I may even have a go at doing a monochrome version at some point.
I also want to say thanks to Sarah from Chalkboard Nails for making such an clear and easy tutorial :D

Don't forget to check out what the other ladies have done for this weeks prompts in the thumbnails below.




8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how this turned out! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks hun! I'm looking forward to trying it again when my black isn't the consistency of treacle too :) xx

      Delete
  2. thanks hun! thought this would be right up your alley :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE how this turned out. I'm glad you decided to give it a try again <3 It turned out amazing <3

    I've been contemplating trying out the distressed nail look ever since I came across the tutorial on Chalkboard Nails,but haven't had the courage yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much hun! Go for it though, it's sooooooo much easier than it looks and really quick to do too. xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )