Saturday 5 April 2014

200th post & Pre-Blog Nail Art

 Hello gorgeous people!  I hope you've all had a good start to the weekend so far.  I'm afraid I won't have a spotlight post for you this weekend - really sorry! I did have something prepared, but I also recently got a new (to me anyway) PC, and in the process of moving all my photos from my laptop to the PC, I've managed to lose those pictures somehow - smh!  Whilst searching for it, I did come across some pictures of my nail art before I started blogging though, so I though it would be nice to share them with you today instead, especially since this is my 200th post!  Can't believe it's been that many already, man does time fly! All of these are from about 9 or 10 months ago, so be prepared for awful phone photos, dry cuticles, and absent clean up..............

So, first up we have some nail foils.  I love foils, and I loved them even more when I couldn't really do much nail art.  Unfortunately, I didn't have a top coat that didn't wrinkle them, so they only lasted a few hours at most.  Still, it was pretty while it lasted. :)
This was my  first or second attempt at a gradient - as you can see, I had no real notion of clean-up back then, apart from what you can do with a cotton bud and some remover, which, let's be honest, isn't a lot :D  I couldn't tell you what the blue is, but I know the middle colour is Kleancolor - Metallic Fuchsia, and the lighter pink is a metallic pink with no name from a cheap set of 4.  No idea where they came from either, but it's very pretty, and it also stamps!  I thought I was so clever, making a flower out of rhinestones, but looking back, I don't think it really fits with the rest of the mani. :D
This was my first attempt at a galaxy mani, and I was actually pretty proud of this.  It's a bit easier to do on a false nail of course, but it looks like it's supposed to, rather than just a splodgey mess.  And as a bonus, you get a peek at my uber-messy pink and black crackle mani too :)
And finally, this is the first mani I was completely happy with at the time.  Obviously, there was still a lot of room for improvement, especially where the zebra print is concerned, but look - it's lots of bright colours, and my cuticles are clean too!  I also managed to do my left hand to a reasonable standard :)  This was the first mani that I looked at and thought, you know what, I might be able to do this nail art malarkey after all :D

I hope you guys have enjoyed this little trip down memory lane with ,me, I've enjoyed looking back and seeing how far I've come since then. It's amazing to think how much my skills, and my nails, have improved in under a year!  Just goes to show, we all have to start somewhere!
I still feel that there's a lot about my nail art that I could improve now, but looking at the difference in these photos makes me very excited to see what I'll be doing in another 8 months or so!

I'll be back with another post later today, with some more recent nail art that I was supposed to post yesterday, but didn't get around to in the end, so I'll see you guys then :D


4 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! My how you've grown in less than a year! I waited 6 months, until I could a reasonably decent clean up, before I started blogging. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you sweetie! I can't believe it's been 200 already, time sure does fly :D There were many more mani's that never got photographed, it's a shame really. Would have been nice to have had a few more. Ah well! xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )