Wednesday 2 April 2014

Quirk - Oopsie Daisy #4

Hi guys :)  Today I have a beautiful polish from the awesome UK Indie brand Quirk to show you.  This is from the Oopsie Daisies range, which are prototypes/polishes that didn't fit in with any collections/polishes that Kerrie can't make any more of for whatever reason, and this one is simply labelled Oopsie Daisy #4.  How sweet is the sticker with all the daisies on it!

OD4, as it shall be referred to from now on, is a rainbow party of matte and metallic glitters, mostly hexes, but with a few squares floating around here and there too.  This is 1 coat over Barry M - Greenberry, with 1 coat of topcoat.
This is one of those toppers that never fails to put a smile on my face, and I love the way it looks over greenberry, there's definitely a springy vibe to this combo.  Funnily enough, I've had this swatch ready for a while now, and it was still technically winter when I wore this :D
  The fact that I have the word glossy plastered on the photos is probably a bit of a giveaway, but I did feel the overwhelming urge to mattify this combo, so here it is.......
I decided to give my Models Own Matte top coat a try this time, and first impressions are good. Let me know if you'd like to see a full review on that in the future though, as I'm not sure whether I will or not at the moment.
No surprises, I loved this matte and glossy, but I think if I had to choose, it would be the matte.  Only because I love matte pastels though :p
So, what do you guys think of this colourful combo?
And while you're here, why not have a look at what the rest of the British Nail Bloggers have been up to this week.


*ps. you guys probably noticed I've been playing around with my header and my fonts a bit - what do you guys think? I like the header, and yes, I know the haunted house is pretty random, but I love random, and it's just so darn cute I couldn't say no! :D


4 comments:

  1. Thank you co much for a lovely review i've popped a photo of this on the Quirk Site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, your welcome hun, thanks for the lovely polish <3 Also - yaaaaay! :D xx

      Delete
  2. This is lovely where did you get the models own matte did you order it online I've been to every major beaty shop and no one stocks it grrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that must be really annoying. Afraid I'm no help either, I got this on a sale group on Facebook :( xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )