Thursday 10 April 2014

Tara's Talons - Too Girlie Girlie (designed by me!)

 Hi guys, today I have a Tara's Talons polish to show you that I'm very excited about.  Recently, Tara ran a competition to design a polish for her Fan Collection, and receive a bottle of that polish, and I was lucky enough to have my idea chosen as one of the winners.  How awesome is that!?



The idea for this didn't come from anywhere specific, but when I was picking which types of glitter I wanted in there, I realised that it was shaping up to be a very girly polish. That got the song Too Girlie Girlie by Sophia George stuck in my head, so when Tara asked if I wanted to name it too, it was an easy choice.
So, Too Girlie Girlie is a mix of extra fine silver holo glitter, big and small silver holo circles, purple hexes, matte lilac circles and matte pink stars.  I have layered 1 coat over Barry M - Indigo for these swatches, with 1 coat of HKGirl.  I did fish for literally just one or 2 of the larger glitters, but they were pretty easy to get out of the bottle.
This polish is available in mini bottles both on Tara's website as well as her Etsy store. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, it's super sparkly, and really pretty.  I think Tara got the ratio of fine glitter just right in this polish too, as it doesn't completely take over and make the whole thing look too crowded.
What do you guys think?



7 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty, so sparkly and girly! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Sarah, I'm glad you like it too! xx

      Delete
  2. aaaw thanks hun :) I'll try and get the post done if I can find time, but don't hate me if I forget, I'm very good at forgetting things! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like space in a bottle to me, like planets and stars. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks hun :) I didn't think of that before, but you're totally right. It's like space if all the planets and stars were pink. now that would be awesome! :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )