Wednesday 23 April 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Boutique

 Hi guys, and welcome to another day of the Neverending Pile Challenge.  The prompt for today is Boutique, just like a lot of the other Glittah' Pirates, I wasn't too sure exactly which brands are classed as boutique.  Luckily for me, I had an untried on my rack that actually says "Boutique Nail Lacquer" on the front of the bottle :D

Let me introduce you to ILNP - Your Majesty, a gorgeous glitter topper packed full of fuchsia, gold and bronze hexes in different sizes, with a sprinkling of small fuchsia circles.  Unfortunately this is quite an old polish, and it isn't on their website or Etsy anymore, so if you want it now I'm really sorry! I was lucky enough to get this in a grab bag from the gorgeous Debbie Crumpet.  The base is a little bit smelly, but nothing I can't live with.  This is the only topper I have from this brand, so I'd be interested to know if they've switched to a less stinky suspension base now.
So, I just did a quick glitter gradient with this over Model's Own - Purple Mystique, with a full on glitterbomb accent nail.  I used the sponging technique for this, and boy did it make a difference, I got tonnes of glitter with barely any base.  To be honest I may have gone a little overboard with my sponging, but it's been ages since I wore this much glitter!  It felt good.
Unfortunately, I managed to forget to do a PVA base, so as you can imagine, removal really was a bitch!  Other than that, I liked this mani.  I used to do glitter gradients all the time before I started blogging, so it was nice to revisit an old favourite :)




10 comments:

  1. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very festive! Love that effect:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ela! I loved the colours in this topper, so pretty! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It was insanely sparkly IRL :D xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the mix of colors in this glitter! Layering it over purple was perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Missy! It does have this really rich, regal colour scheme so it had to be purple :D xx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow that is really gorgeous. I have a few ILNPs right now, but they're all holos and ultrachromes - didn't know she made glitters this pretty! :) Love how you've made it look almost like treasures falling down your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks hun! I really liked this one too, it's got me very interested in the rest of her toppers If my memory serves me right, they are a spot cheaper than the UC's and holos too :D xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )