Monday 21 April 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Drugstore

Hi guys, and welcome to another day of The Neverending Pile Challenge.  The prompt for today is drugstore, and my untried is NYC - Greenwich Village, a gorgeous deep pink cream that almost leans towards a coral pink.........

This was a polish I picked up second hand on Facebook, and it did need a few drops of thinner to begin with, but once thinned it went on in 2 easy coats.  I hadn't painted any leopard print in a while, so I decided to do that with some black acrylic paint since I'm running dangerously low on black polish, and NYC - Full Metal Jacket for inside the spots.
For the accent nail, I decided to try something new, and had a go at a dry marble.  I originally tried it with a black polish as well as the pink and gold, and what I ended up with was a dirty smudgy mess.  Undeterred, I added a load more pink and gold over that and swirled again.  Luckily it turned out much better this time, so I added some small black round studs in a straight line from cuticle to tip.  It still didn't look quite right to me though, so I turned it into a cross, which I liked a lot more.
I didn't really go into this mani with any particular plan, but I liked how it turned out in the end.  I love this colour combo, and I'm thinking of trying it again with a really bright hot pink instead.
And, at a mere £1.99 a bottle, both of these NYC's have really great formula's!  Just goes to show you don't always have to pay through the nose for quality :)
Don't forget to check out all the other drugstore mani's in the thumbnails below, and I will be back tomorrow with a review and 2 bits of nail art with my DIY sheer tints, as well as my first design tutorial!  Exciting! :D




6 comments:

  1. Me likey! That gold marbling is really hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks hun! not bad considering that nail was originally a total dry marble fail :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Aww, thanks hun! This reminded me why I <3 leopard print so much :D xx

      Delete
  4. Love love love this look! The marble and the cross and the leopard and the pink... all just super chic and very girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Alicia! I was really pleased I was able to salvage the accent nail! I realised how much I missed painting leopard print too :D xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )