Friday 25 April 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Had to have it, still haven't worn it!

 Hi guys, and welcome to another day of the neverending pile challenge.  The prompt for today is had to have it, still haven't worn it.  I think this is something that most of us are guilty of - there's always some polish you just had to have, that gets lost amongst all the other untrieds.  My polish is the incredible Lux by Zoya.  I was dying to get my hands on this, but didn't want to wear it until I knew I could keep it on for at least 2 days - pretty tough for someone who, at the moment, can't go a single day without changing their mani!  It's like a little evening ritual for me, my chill time at the end of the day :)



Just in case you've been living under a rock, Lux is one of the 3 original magical pixie dusts from Zoya.  They're a much more textured version of the original pixie dusts, with loads of holographic hex glitters too.
These photos show 2 coats, no top coat.  As you can see, even without the aid of a glossy top coat, this is one of the most sparkly polishes I've ever seen.  It looks a lot like a geode has somehow formed on your nails.  I don't actually have the words to describe how much I love this polish.  I kid you not, I actually squealed out loud in delight when I put this on, it was everything I was hoping for and more!  AND there's a purple version in the new trio! :D :D :D :D :D
As you would imagine, this is a bit rougher than most textured glitters, but in the time I wore this without top coat, I didn't find that it got caught in my hair or on my clothes or anything.  I did have to add a top coat after a few hours though, as I just had to see if it could possibly get any more sparkly.
*I forgot to add the word glossy on the photos like I usually do, but all of the following pictures are with 2 coats of Hong Kong Girl top coat.
  So, the answer is yes then, yes it can be more sparkly.  Honestly, in real life, this looked like someone poured crushed pink diamonds on my nails.  It was breathtaking! :D
Holy smokes that is pretty!  I did find that after top coating I had a little bit of VNL, which is normally a huge no-no for me, but with this polish I actually didn't mind it at all!
I was so glad to finally get this on my nails, and I can't wait to get the rest of them now either!  Fingers crossed there's a black one in the next lot too, that would make my year polish-wise!
What do you guys think of this polish?





2 comments:

  1. I just keep staring at the pics and oohing and aaahing. It's just... it's just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )