Friday 18 April 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Indie

Hi guys, and welcome to another day of the Neverending Pile Challenge.  Today's prompt is Indie, and my untried indie is Glitter Daze - Halo.  Halo is a mix of gold and iridescent shards, with fine gold holo glitter in a clear base.

* As a way for you guys to get a little more insight about me, and what I like, I'm trialing a new thing called the Free Friday Mosh.  At the end of every Friday's post, I'll stick a song at the end of the post for you to listen to. Mostly metal and rock, but there'll probably be a few randoms here and there too.  I'd love it if you guys could give me some feedback on this, although please don't comment just to insult the music I listen to, those comments won't even be published.  I don't mind negative feedback, as long as it's about the idea, not the song I picked today :D

So, I started with a base of OPI Anti-Bleak, and added a generous coat of Halo, and top coated to smooth out any larger shards.  Then I painted over half of each nail with Anti-Bleak again, and left that to dry.  Once it was dry, I taped over the sparkly sections, then stamped with Barry M Gold Foil and MoYou XL Pro - 07 for the roses half of the nail.  Then I just used my striping brush with Anti-Bleak to create my dividing line down the middle of each nail, and top coated again.
I have been meaning to do a half glitter half stamping mani for ages now, so it was great to finally get around to it.  I love the way this mani turned out too, so I may be doing a few more of these in the not too distant future.
What do you guys think? And don't forget about the rest of the indie mani's in the thumbnails below :)

Free Friday Mosh
So, for the first FFM, we're starting with Christian Älvestam's incredible clean and growly vocals, with some older Scar Symmetry (before they had to get 2 different guys to replace him!)  When I first come across this band, I couldn't believe that it was all the same guy, but I promise you, it is :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )