Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Pastel

 Hi guys, welcome to day 2 of the Neverending Pile Challenge.  The prompt for today is Pastel, and I went with KIKO Sugar Mat - 634, a pinky lilac creme texture.  I actually only had 2 pastels in my untrieds, so I decided to pick a non-pastel untried to stamp with, 2true Aphrodite, a highly pigmented deep pink foil.

I really liked the way these 2 textures played against each other, I think it makes this mani a lot more interesting. The image is the same one I used in yesterdays leadlight mani, Pueen 63.
You guys have probably already noticed that there is a corner missing from my middle finger, unfortunately that happened before I had a chance to photograph this mani, but I didn't fancy taking it off and starting again, so I just went with it.
Booooooo!  As you can see it wasn't that big, but I decided to take them down a bit more to hopefully avoid any more breakages.  My nails seem to be growing very quickly at the moment anyway, so it's no biggy :)
Anyway, breaks aside, I think this mani was pretty cool.  I love the spirals on this plate, and it was a nice change to wear a cream texture for once, I only own 2, and I never seem to wear them, as textured glitters always appeal to me more.  That said, I am hoping to get hold of a black creme texture soon!
What do you guys think of this mani?  Are you a fan of creme textures?




7 comments:

  1. I prefer glitter textures as well, I do have four creme KIKO textures though... and I am still waiting for my Pueen buffet set to arrive... *grumbles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh, the poor creme ones did all get pushed to the side when the glitter ones started popping up! That sucks that they haven't reached you yet, I hope they turn up soon :) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, I love the colour combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so in love with this look, that pink foil is killer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! It is lovely, and it only cost me £2 in a sale :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )