Monday 26 May 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Untried Stamping Plate (+ catch up mani)

Hi guys, today I have 2 prompts from the Neverending Pile Challenge to share with you - today's untried stamping plate prompt, and the gradient prompt from last Wednesday.  It was supposed to be 3 mani's, but I seem to have lost the folder for the third one :(  So, lets start with today's mani first.  My untried stamping plate was PUEEN53 from the buffet set.  The whole plate is newspaper headlines, so a newspaper mani it was..................

The base for this mani is Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - Lavender Cloud, an off-white that I added a couple of extra drops of black polish to as it was still a little white for my taste.  The stamping is Mentality - Scoundrel.
Unfortunately, I had real problems with this plate.  I tried scraping lighter, then harder, then so gently it barely touched the plate, but I just couldn't get it to transfer properly.  I even tried with Konad Black on my thumb, since Scoundrel is not a totally jet black stamper, but that didn't really help either.  It was blacker, but there were still a lot of bits missing.  I'm going to revisit this plate at some point, just to see if I can get it to work, but right now I'm not very hopeful.  I was quite lucky that this is a style of mani that it sort of works with.  It still annoyed me, but if you didn't know it was supposed to be clearer, you might not realise.
 When it was all dry and top coated, I mattified with NYC Matte me Crazy.  After all, who's ever seen a glossy newspaper :p
Next up is last Wednesday's prompt - Gradient.  My mani for this prompt was a lot more subtle than I thought it would be, but it's still pretty - a vertical gradient with A-England Lady of the Lake and Tristam.
While I did like this mani, it made me realise I've kind of fallen out of love with some of my AE scattered holo's, so I actually sold them to someone who will appreciate them more!  I'm still keeping the other ones I have, as I'm not totally over them, but I spent some of the money on Order of the Garter instead, so all's well......
So, that's it from me today I'm afraid.  I don't have anything for Wednesday's prompt, so instead I'll either have a mani from the vault, or if I don't get time to post it tomorrow - an updated stash/storage post :)  I am finally at a point where all my polishes have a place to live, so it seemed like the perfect time to do it.  No doubt they'll be spilling all over my surfaces again soon!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the mani's in the thumbnails below, especially since there's 2 sets today :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )