Friday 2 May 2014

The Neverending Pile Challenge - Use as many untrieds in one mani as you can

 Hi guys, sorry today's post is a bit late - I got a new phone today, and found myself somewhat distracted downloading apps-a-plenty :)  One of those is IG though, so soon you'll be able to follow me there if you like!   Anyway, the prompt for today is to use as many untrieds as possible, and I managed to knock out a passable 8 in this mani.  From the numbers being thrown around in the Facebook group, there are going to be some crazy mani's popping up today, these ladies are talking in the 20's!

So, the base for this is Maxfactor max effect - Odyssey Blue, with a coat of an untried plain blue glitter by LaFemme.  Unfortunately, I don't know what it's called as the name has rubbed off the side of the bottle already!  Then I stamped this image from MoYou XL Pro 12 with NYC - Aqua Mystic, and top coated.
Then I freehanded some half sections over the top with 5 textured polishes from Pretty Serious.  From thumb to pinky, the shades are, Robot Monster, Warp 11, Cosmic Comet, Surfing Alien, and Deep Space Destroyer.  I won't go into any more details about them here, as I'm going to be posting swatches of the whole collection soon, but suffice to say that I LOVE them! :D
This was one of those prompts I was a bit nervous about, but I think this mani turned out pretty well in the end.  I was worried that it would just end up looking like a busy, sloppy, visual assault, but I think I managed to avoid that trap :D
What do you guys think?   Don't forget to check out the thumbnails below either, today should be a real interesting prompt!




6 comments:

  1. I think it's actually pretty cohesive and not visually assaulting at all! Love the color palette and the sparklies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Hun <3 I was so glad I had this pretty serious collection for this prompt, it certainly helped xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! these look so beautiful together, Such a creative mani :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never guess there are 8 polishes in this. It's very harmonious and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks :) it definitely helped having 5 textures from the same collection xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )