Friday 13 June 2014

Barry M Rose & Zebra Nail Art

Hi guys, happy Friday!  Today I have a mani to show you that was inspired by this gorgeous mani by one of my favourite bloggers - Sam from FingerFood Nails.  I've wanted to do my own version of that mani for ages, and when I was looking at some of the new releases I've picked up from Barry M recently, I saw the perfect colour combo............



This isn't something that happens often for me, but all the polishes I used for this mani are Barry M's :D  The base is Coconut from the new summer Gellly's, and the zebra print was stamped with Pink Punch from the same collection, and MoYou Back to the 80's 04.  The roses were freehanded with Guava. with Greenberry for the highlights, and Cancun from the new summer matte's for the low lights.The leaves are Key Lime Gelly. I couldn't actually see where my low lights were when I was painting, so I had to guesstimate when putting the highlights in.  I don't have great lighting where I sit to paint :p  I do have a desk I could use, but then I wouldn't be able to watch the telly while I paint :D  
Surprisingly, this is the first time I've ever added leaves to a floral mani, and while I'm not totally happy with how they turned out, I think they could have been a lot worse.
I really liked this mani - pink and teal is one of my all time favourite colour combo's, so this was bound to be a winner for me.  And since you know I can't leave well alone, I couldn't resist mattifying it.
Since I didn't pick up the new Barry M matte top coat yet, I used NYC Matte me Crazy.  I really want to try the Barry M one, but I don't think I can justify buying it while I still have 2 bottles with barely a dent in them. :(

So, what do you guys think of this mani then?  I'll be back with posts on Saturday and Sunday this week, as i have some gorgeous UK Indies to share with you, so make sure to check back over the weekend for those :D

And what do you know - it's Friday and I've actually remembered the Free Friday Mosh :D  Today's will be a little bit different.  Since I know growly metal vocals aren't everyone's cup of tea, I'll be picking 2 songs a week - 1 with all or mostly clean vocals, and another where I can go as growly as I like. :D  This weeks clean song is an oldie but a goodie - Flaw - Get Up Again.  And for those of you who like a bit of brutality in your music - Lamb of God - Set to Fail. I had the pleasure of seeing these guys live a few years back and it was just incredible!  If you get the chance go and see them - you won't regret it :D Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )