Saturday 14 June 2014

Dark Metal Lacquer - Swatches and Review

*Products in this post were provided in exchange for a 100% honest review.

Hi guys, today I have an exciting post to share with you all, as I have 2 polishes to show you from a brand new UK Indie - Dark Metal Lacquer.  You guys may already know the creator, Kamila, from her blog - KittyKam's Nails.  If you don't you should definitely go and check her out - her nails are gorgeous, and she's really lovely too........
*warning - picture heavy post :)


As you guys can probably imagine, just the brand name was enough to get me excited, so when Kamila asked me if I'd like to review a couple I think I may have peed a tiny bit!  Still, it's what's inside that counts, so lets talk about the polish shall we...
First up is Havens, a gorgeous cool-toned linear holographic purple. I'd say it's actually a bit cooler than it appears in my photos. The formula on this was nice, it applied smoothly, and while it has a slightly jelly-ish quality to it the colour builds up nicely.  In the photos I'm wearing 3 coats with top coat.  (I did 3 thinner coats on the pinky nail, and while there's a tiny bit of VNL, it was only really visible in the harshest lighting) After talking with Kamila recently, she informed me that this one should actually be a little more pigmented now, although personally I think it's great as it is :)

 Unfortunately my daylight bulb doesn't do the best job of showing holo's, but I did manage to grab a little bit of sun for one quick photo.  Sorry about my extremely "off" skin tone here, my camera couldn't get a colour accurate shot to save it's charge, so I had to do a bit of colour tweaking afterwards :/
Isn't it pretty!?  I don't think I'll ever get bored of holo's, they wow me every time!

Anyway, the second polish Kamila sent me was Beings of Light - an ever-so-slightly textured top coat that glows blue in the dark.
Sorry this photo's a bit blurry, but this is 2 coats of BoL over Barry M - Blue Grape, in the dark (obviously).  I held my nails next to a regular desk lamp for about 20 seconds before taking this photo.  I wanted to get at least one picture of the glow charged by a normal light, but the rest of the photos were charged with a UV lamp for about the same length of time.........
As you can see it's quite a lot brighter :D  The next lot of photos are after I had done some stamping over it with Barry M - Silver Foil and Pueen59....


Sorry they're not as clear as they could be - I'm still getting the hang of photographing in the dark, but hopefully you can still see how pretty it is :)  I am seriously loving GITD nail art at the moment, so expect to see more of in the future :p
And in the light.  While the pigments in this polish are slightly grainy, it's nowhere near as rough as any of the textured polishes I've tried, and I found it was completely smooth after 1 coat of top coat.
The tiny grains can be seen in an extreme close up like this, but they were invisible to the naked eye.

Overall, I'm really impressed with these polishes, and I can't wait to see what she's releasing next.  She's already got some real stunners in her shop, many of which are hanging around near the top of my wishlist already, and every time I look at the Etsy shop there's something new to see :D  She also has the coolest shaped bottles I've ever seen...... they remind me of coffin heels! <3
As previously mentioned, you can buy Dark Metal Lacquer from their Etsy store, and you can also follow them on Facebook to stay up to date with new releases/re-stocks and promotions.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with some more UK Indie amazing-ness tomorrow, you lucky things ;)


4 comments:

  1. I love the Dark Metal Lacquers I have, great polishes.

    Fab review, I'm now considering adding the glow in the dark polish to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks hun! They are awesome polishes, and I love things that glow in the dark - I'm such a child really ;) xx

      Delete
  2. *le sigh* Another fab UK brand that I can't get my inky lil paws on. You'll just have to enjoy them for me! LOL
    GITD nail art is twice the fun of only seen in the light nail art! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but sadly a few of the UK indies have had to shut up shop now. It's like we're operating a one in one out policy :/
      And you're so right about gitd. I have another gitd to post on Thursday too which is awesome. Btw, have you SEEN Serum No5 - pure glow getter yet? If not you have to see the polishaholic's swatch - to die for! xxx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )