Thursday 3 July 2014

A-Z of Polish - K is for Key Lime and Kiwi Bikini

 Hi guys, and welcome to another week of the A-Z of Polish series.  Can you believe we're on the 11th week already, 12th if you count the week we had off!  I think when we get to 14 I will do a little 1st half round up post :D  Back to this week though, our letter this week is K, and this is another letter I didn't have much for.  I only own five polishes starting with the letter K, but I managed to use two of them in this mani.....



So, I have Barry M Gelly - Key Lime as a base, and I added a diagonal gradient dotticure with Sally Hansen - Kiwi Bikini, and Barry M - Blue Grape and Malibu.  I've never done this type of dotticure before, but I think I'm starting to see why they're so popular.  There's just something so fun about this mani that made me really enjoy wearing it.  I don't really do dots a lot, in fact I can only think of 3 mani's where I did, but I think that may be about to change.  I already have colour combinations flying around my head for the next one :)
 I did try and wait for my dots to dry properly before top coating, but I still have a teeny bit of smudging on the ring finger. Could be a lot worse though, so I'm over it.  I'm starting to think that I may as well admit defeat on that point, and just accept that I will always smudge a little bit.  Might be better that way :p
And of course I had to mattify it. I needed there to be at least one "me" aspect to this mani! :p

So, little smudges aside I love this mani, and I think it looks really cool on this nail shape.  I tried googling to see this kind of dotticure on almond nails and got diddly squat, so I'm really glad it doesn't look wrong.  (to me, at least)

And, as always for the A-Z series, you can catch up with everyone else's mani's at the hub page here. 
I don't think I'll be posting anything tomorrow, but I will be back on Saturday with something.  Sorry I can't tell you what, I haven't painted it yet ;D


1 comment:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )