Thursday 24 July 2014

A-Z of Polish: N is for.....Night Prowl

Hi guys, and welcome to another week of the A-Z of Polish.  This weeks letter is "N", and whilst I didn't have many polishes starting with the letter N, I did have one untried that I couldn't wait to wear..........



The polish in question is Wet 'n' Wild Wild Shine - Night Prowl.  I actually came across this shade by chance, I was looking on ebay for a bottle of Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme, and they had a few other shades on the same listing. (here)  This looked like a brick red shimmer on the listing, but after googling swatches, I realised it was a black polish packed full of purple micro glitter, so naturally, I had to buy it!
While the first coat looked really patchy, it built up easily enough in 3 coats.  I don't mind doing 3 for something this pretty - if it was more opaque I think the glitter would get lost, and you definitely wouldn't get the level of depth that you see here, so I forgive it for it's patchiness :D
I didn't want to cover up this beauty with anything too full on, so I decided to do reverse glitter gradient with Shimmer Polish - Candace, which is a mix of gold, gold holo and black small glitters in a clear base.  I haven't done a glitter gradient in a while, but I really love how this one turned out, and I think my nail shape works really well with this design too!  It was also really sparkly, much more than you can see in the photos, so I've included a blurry shot too.
So, that's it from me today, but be sure to check out the other ladies work at the hub page here.  We have had a few more ladies join us, and there's 10 of us in total now, so plenty for you guys to feast your eyes on....



1 comment:

  1. Great combination, not sure I'd have thought to put eggplant purple and gold together but it looks fab

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )