Monday 11 August 2014

Birthday Nails :D

Hiya lovelies!  I'm still struggling to find time to blog at the moment, but today is my 25th birthday, so I'm actually taking a day off work and have a mani to show you.  Hooray! I'm afraid my posts will continue to be a little sporadic for the next few weeks too, as I'm actually planning a nail corner for my room.  At the moment, I paint my nails on the sofa with a tiny table in front of me, so I'm really excited about having a proper space to work in.  Expect a blog post on that once it's finished :D



So, today's mani is 3 coats of Moyra 101, a full coverage silver holographic micro-glitter.  I added a couple of coats of a different sheer tint on each nail to create a glitter skittle, and then stamped the branches from MoYou Suki 10 with Wet'n'Wild Black Creme.
 The Moyra polish is really gorgeous alone, but I think I love it under the purple tint the most.  I didn't get any pictures of the base beforehand, as I'm planning to swatch this polish properly for you guys, with and without undies, but I think you can already see it's awesome :D
  I'd also like to apologise for the corpsey-ness of my skin in these photos.  My camera seems to freak out when the sun hits my room, but artificial light wasn't doing the sparkle any justice, so I had to colour correct afterwards :(

In other news, I've got the first bit of my nail corner already - a helmer!  And I have about half a drawers worth of space in it at the moment.  :D
I've seen a lot of holo helmers around which are awesome, but in the end I decided to cover mine with this black patterned vinyl instead.  He'd never complain bless him, but I get the feeling the Mr is probably happier with this choice too.  I bought 3m on ebay here, which was just enough to cover it all.
Safe to say I love it, and I'm planning on getting another one eventually :D

Anyway, that's all from me today lovelies.  I'll try and get a couple more posts up this week, but I'm not sure which days they'll be on yet, but I'm really hoping to be back on schedule once my corner's up and running. I miss you guys :'(


3 comments:

  1. Big happy birthday, lovely! Perfect sparkly nails for your birthday too! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweetie! *big hugs* Love the nails and Helmer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    I like how you changed the holo colour with the tints. Also loving the way you did up the helmer!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )