Sunday 28 September 2014

Colour me Crazy: Contrasting

Hiya lovelies!  Today I have my final mani the Colour me Crazy challenge, and the prompt is Contrasting.  Totally unplanned, but today's mani features the same polish I used in last weeks Complimentary mani - Barry M Key Lime......



 The mani's are very different though, and I think using the same polish for both weeks is a great example of how versatile colours can be - even a funky green shade like this.
So, this is a pretty simple mani, 2 coats of Key Lime, and a coat of Moyra 101 to add a bit of sparkle, then once it was dry I stamped this angular pattern from the triangle in the centre of Pueen 52 with the last tiny bit of my Konad Black.  I did have a little trouble with the thick lines in this image at first, but I found that when I scraped really lightly it worked a lot better.
 And I'm glad it did, as I think the harsh, bold lines are perfect for this prompt.  I know this won't be to everyone's taste, but I really like it! I was a little bit twitchy with my stamping, and you can see some of the straight lines have a bit of wonk to them, but screw it!  I've never claimed that my mani's are perfect. and I'm not about to start now haha.  As a wise woman once said to me - Embrace the wonk!  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )