Saturday 27 September 2014

The Nail Arcade Review (part 1)

* 1 product in this post was provided in exchange for a 100% honest review
 Hiya lovelies!  Recently, I was contacted by the lovely Rachel from The Nail Arcade (formerly Winterberry Nail Art) to see if I would like to review a couple of products for her.  I really loved the bits I got from her last time (see here, here, here, and here) so naturally I said yes.....



So, I got 4 different items to review, all sealed in a beautiful duochrome purple/blue envelope, and I decided to start with these adorable little neon star studs.....
(product picture is from the Etsy store)
As you can see, there's a great mix of colours, but I had an idea that I really wanted to do which just used just the pink and purple, so you'll only be seeing those 2 in my mani.
I started by doing a dry marble of Moyra 64 and Color Club - Mrs Robinson, over a white base, and then top coated and let it dry.
 Then I used my striper brush to add a thick stripe of black polish on my ring finger, and using a wax pencil, placed the studs down the middle.  I skipped the Gelous, and just used 2 coats of HKGirl to secure the studs, as they're really small so are not likely to get snagged on stuff anyway :D
Then on the other 4 fingers, I used some nail vinyls (which were sent to me by the lovely Elicia from Deliciate Nails) to create a skitlette.  This was my first time trying nail vinyls, but they were really easy to use. I used tweezers to handle the vinyl, which I think really helped, but the hardest bit was probably waiting for my base to dry. :D

So, I'm super happy with how this mani turned out.  I adore the studs, and I can't wait to use some of the other colours in another mani.  I still have 3 parts of this review to come though, so I'll do them first.  It was also nice to do a dry marble on more than an accent nail, as this is only the second time I've actually tried it.

Unfortunately, my camera still refuses to take a colour accurate photo of this Moyra pink, so the colour of the studs is also slightly off in my pictures.  You'd be better off using Rachel's pictures for judging the colour, but hopefully I've given you guys a good idea of what they're like.

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with the last prompt of the British Nail Bloggers Colour me Crazy challenge.  See you then! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )