Wednesday 29 October 2014

52 Week Pick 'n' Mix Challenge

Hiya lovelies!  Today I have my mani for this weeks 52 week pick 'n' mix challenge.  The prompts this week are 3 dark colours, and 80's.  I chose to just go with the 80's prompt for this mani, since I was struggling to find a way to put the 2 prompts together...........

So, for this mani, I started off with a white base, and then sponged on patches of Barry M: Guava, Malibu, and Pink Punch; Moyra 913 (purple), and P.I.A - Shade 12 (fuchsia).  Once that was dry, I stamped with Laqa & Co - Tuxedo (the matte side of the duo), and MoYou Back to the 80's 03.
I really love inverted images like this one, where you stamp the background to the design, rather than the design itself.  They're awesome for making decals too, but even if you don't have the time or skill for decals, a quick bit of sponging before the stamping can go a very long way.  This mani was a hot mess before I stamped, but once it was broken up by the black it suddenly looked pretty cool. (or at least I think so :p)
I'm amazed, and a little disappointed that this is only the second time I've used this image. Considering that my 2 back to the 80's plates are without a doubt some of my most used plates, it seems a little strange.  I always look at it, but never really get around to doing anything with it, so it was nice to dust it off again for today.

I would also like to apologise for the state of my cuticles in today's photo's.  I've been pretty lazy with my cuticle care recently and it's starting to show.  Hopefully I can get them healthy again within a week or 2.

That's all from me today, but as always, I advise you to go and have a nosey around all the other mani's for this week in the thumbnails below :D





1 comment:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )