Friday 3 October 2014

Crumpet's Nail Tarts 52 Week Pick 'n' Mix Challenge

Hiya lovelies!  An exciting post today, as this is my first mani in a brand new challenge! It's the 52 Week Pick 'n' Mix Challenge, being run through the Crumpet's Nail Tarts facebook page.  (You can find us here if you'd like to join in).  As the name would suggest, the challenge runs for a total of 52 whole weeks.  Each week, there are 2 prompts; one is a colour prompt, and the other is a pattern, or style of nail art.  Each week, you can pick to do a separate mani for each prompt, one mani that combines both, just one of the prompts, or even sit it out altogether that week if you need to.  Debbie was trying really hard to find a way of allowing more freedom in this nail art challenge, while still keeping some form of structure, and boy oh boy did she find it.  I love the way this is being run, it's such a good idea!

So, for the first week, I decided to combine both prompts in the same mani, but I'll probably do it different week to week, depending on how I feel about the prompts for that week.  This week, the colour is teal, and the pattern is a 2 colour gradient.
 I did a gradient on my ring and middle fingers with Barry M - Cancun & Rhossilli, both from the Summer Matte's collection.  Then I stamped with Sinful Colors Snow me White and MoYou Back to the 80's 03.  For the other 3 nails, I painted a white base, and did a grungy distressed mani with Cancun, Rhossilli, and Malibu, as well as Snow me White.  Then I top coated, and mattified it again once it was all dry.
 I've only ever seen the distressed mani done with black as the final colour, so I was a little wary that it might not work, but I actually really liked how it turned out in the end. It's not quite the same effect, but I think it still looks cool.  I really love the colour combination too, although it's not that surprising that 3 polishes from the same collection look good together haha :D

So, what do you ladies think of this mani?  Do you like the distressed look with white instead of black?

That's all from me today, but there are a whole host of gorgeous mani's in the thumbnails for this challenge, so you may want to grab a cuppa and a comfy chair before you check them out :D




2 comments:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )