Saturday 4 October 2014

Dark Metal Lacquer - Dreaming & Heurt

*Purchased with my own money :D
Hiya lovelies!  Hope you're all having a great weekend so far.  Today I have a couple of Dark Metal Lacquer swatches to share with you - Heurt, which was one of Kamila's first creations, and Dreaming, which is from the more recent Autumn collection.......


So, let's start with the more recent Dreaming.  It's a stunning rich, deep purple with linear holo.  In these photo's I'm wearing 2 coats with top coat, and the formula was really lovely.  It was a tiny bit thicker than I remember Kamila's earlier holo's being, but it applied like an absolute dream.  It was really easy to control, and looked pretty opaque at 1 coat.  I applied a second coat mainly to add depth to the colour, and because my nails feel flimsy with 1 coat of polish.  I'm also wearing a patch on my index nail, and it's not the smoothest job I've done, so 2 coats help to disguise it a little better ;)
These pictures were taken under my daylight bulb, but the bend is still super intense.  I didn't actually get a chance to see this in the sun when I wore it, but I can only imagine.....

I am a purple addict, and this kind of shade is exactly why.  It's so rich and regal, and just the perfect balance of deep and vivid.  I am dying to put this in a gradient with She's Like Heroin from the same collection.  It'll be like a holo version of this gradient.  Gah!  Anyway, I'm gushing now, so let's move on....


This is Heurt, a deep, vampy purple jelly, with copper and copper holo glitters.  In the photo's I'm wearing 3 coats without undies. It had a pretty even colour at 2 coats, but I applied 3 for depth.  The formula was nice to work with, - obviously it's not as easy as applying a cream polish, but it didn't give me any problems, or require me to have jedi-like powers of polishing. Just make sure you're not trying to make your coats too thin and you should get on just fine :)
  The copper glitters were a little camera shy in my normal lighting set up, so I had to use my camera flash, but in real life they were nice and visible, and the little twinkles of holo when you wiggle your fingers were hard to miss.
I really love this polish, the combination of colours is absolutely stunning, and the opacity is just right.  The glitters show through nicely, the colour is nice and deep at 3 coats, and it's so squishy looking, especially around the edges.  I kind of have a love hate relationship with jellies - I love the squishy look, but I hate VNL, so it's nice to find something with a great balance of the two.
I've made no secret of my love for this brand, so maybe I'm biased, but I am blown away by both of these polishes.  They're both properly gorgeous, and have great formula's to boot.  What more could I ask for???

You can purchase Dark Metal Lacquer via the Etsy store here, as well as stalking them on Facebook here, and on Instagram @darkmetallacquer



2 comments:

  1. I love the two polishes, but the first it's so original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heurt is just stunning - love shades like that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )