Monday 13 October 2014

The Nail Arcade Review - Part 3

*Glitters were provided in exchange for a 100% honest review.
Hiya lovelies!  Today I have the third part to my review for The Nail Arcade.  Today I'm using these little ellipse shaped holographic glitters.........



So, I decided to use these in a simple skittles mani.  On the middle and ring fingers, I painted a white base, and stamped some black houndstooth print on them with MoYou Pro 07.  Then I carefully painted over half of each nail with OPI - Bouquet of Violets, and used a wax pencil to pick the ellipses up, and place them along the dividing line.  On my ring finger, I couldn't quite fit 4 on, so I grabbed an ellipse in my tweezers, and used some cuticle nippers to chop it in half before putting it near the cuticle.
I painted my thumb and index finger with BoV, and then used Moyra Sand 856 - Onyx on the pinky finger.  I really like how this turned out.  It's nice and simple, and not as busy as my skittles turn out.

I really like the ellipses too, they're really shiny, with a great holo effect, and since I used these down the dividing line, I was happy to paint my purple halves with the bottle brush. No faffing about with tape, or hours of drying time before you can put your tape down. Fantastic!

So, the shop is still shut for now, but I'll wait until it's back open to post the final part of the review.  If, however, you're reading this sometime in the future (hi there, future people :D) then the shop is here.



2 comments:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )