Tuesday 11 November 2014

52 Week Pick 'n' Mix - Yellow & Animals (wild)

Hiya lovelies!  Today I have my mani for this weeks Pick 'n' Mix Challenge.  The prompts are "Yellow", and "Animals (wild)", so I decided to keep it simple, and went with some monochrome leopard print, with a splash of yellow thrown in............

I started off by painting all my nails with Sinful Color's - Snow me White, then painting a straight line down the middle of the pinky, index finger, and thumb nail with black acrylic paint.  Then I painted the outlines of my leopard print on the two middle nails, and the inner halves of the other three nails. I filled in the leopard print with Revlon Top Speed - Electric, a bright yellow with a subtle silver shimmer and an incredible formula.  (seriously, it stamps pretty well over black!)  Then I filled in the empty halves with Wet 'n' Wild - Black Creme, and used a wax pencil to place some clear rhinestones along the divides, then applied 2 coats of top coat to seal them in.

I was super pleased with how this turned out.  I know I tend to do a lot of leopard print mani's, but I felt like it had been a while, and I had the itch to do another so here we are.  The splash of yellow really perks it up, and I think it really works with the short square nail shape.

So, that's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with another nubbin mani to share with you, but in the meantime, why not check out all the other mani's that have been added so far this week, by browsing the thumbnails below.  I know I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with this week :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )