Thursday 6 November 2014

A2Z - B is for Bold

* Purchased by me
 Hiya lovelies!  Just a quick post from me today, as I'm still feeling pretty rough, but I didn't want to miss the A-Z, so here we are :D  We're up to B this week, and the prompt is bold.  I decided to go with some super sparkly animal print, with a strong colour contrast..............

I started out with 2 coats of Dark Metal Lacquer - Whisper, and then added 3 coats of OPI - Be Magentale with Me, and 1 coat of OPI - Don't Violet me Down, to turn my base from silver to a slightly cool toned pink.  Then I added some quick zebra stripes with black acrylic paint, and added a layer of top coat.  Naturally, with all those layers of Sheer Tint, I didn't need to add any more coats of top coat to smooth the glitter out.  I mean, look at that shine!
The accent nail is Sinful Color's - Black on Black, and some pink, triangular shaped, holographic glitters from The Nail Arcade.  Unfortunately, my camera seems to love completely washing out the holo on these glitters, and it really gets on my tits!  In real life, they're as holo as the base for the zebra print - these glitters have dots of holo all over them, rather than one smooth "sheet" of holo effect, so it's a lot more noticeable, and you'll see some holo whatever angle you're viewing them from.  (unless you happen to be behind my camera, of course!)

So, that's all from me today.  I'm hoping to post my mani for this weeks 52 Week Pick 'n' Mix Challenge tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'll have the energy.  We'll see I guess.  In the meantime, why not check out what all the other lovely ladies did for this week by either visiting the hub page, here, or checking the thumbnails below.  You can also search the hashtag #A2ZNails on Instagram, especially since we have a few ladies in this challenge who are IG only. :D



2 comments:

  1. Love how the sheer tints changed Whisper. And that its so sparkly! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animal print on the holo looks awesome- I like it very much :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )