Thursday 11 December 2014

A2Z Nails - G is for.......Gold

 Hiya lovelies!  Just a quick post from me today, as I only have about 20 minutes to get this typed and posted.  It is Thursday though, so that means it's time for another A2Z post, and this week we're up to G is for Gold............

For this mani I started out with the goldest polish I've ever clapped eyes on - Sally Hansen CSM - Gilded Lily.  This was one of my many Fragrance Direct bargains way back when I first started the blog, and it's still the prettiest gold I own.  It's a gold (coloured, not actual gold) fleck polish, that builds up to total opacity in 3 coats.  In some lights it looks like a glitter, and in some lighting it looks like really shiny gold foil.  Like having Quality Street toffee penny wrappers glued to your nails :D
I decided to stamp some white curls from Pueen SE03B (Encore set), with Sinful Colors - Snow me White, for this mani that looks like Christmas wrapping paper.  I kind of zoned out while stamping, and stamped my middle finger twice though, so I had to re-stamp that one.  I still managed to smudge that nail when I top coated, but I wasn't sure the base could take another stamp removal, so I left it as is.  Never mind, eh? :D
That aside I was pretty happy with how this turned out. I love the way the base does most of the talking in this mani, and the contrast against the stark white is pretty.

So, that's all from me today, but I'll be back in a day or two with another mani to share with you. In the meantime, you can always let the rest of the A2Z ladies take care of your mani cravings by visiting the thumbnails below, the hub page here, or by searching #A2ZNails on Instagram :D




4 comments:

  1. Love this, I didn't think of stamping over mine, so water marbled instead! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yours was seriously stunning though, you really can't go wrong with a black and gold watermarble :D xx

      Delete
  2. You're absolutely right - it's a perfect match for Quality Street. Now craving toffee...ummmm. Looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmmmmmm, toffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Sorry, and thanks lovely! :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )