Saturday 10 January 2015

31DC - Day 10 - Glitter Base

Hello again!  So, today's prompt for the 31 day challenge is "Glitter Base".  If you've followed this blog for more than a few weeks you probably already have an idea about how much I've been looking forward to this prompt.  I do love me a good glitter base mani....

Last week I got a bit of a haul from Fragrance Direct (let me know if you'd like to see a post on that), including a couple of Nails Inc glitters, and a few Orly's, so I decided to use a couple of them for today's mani.  I tend to reach for the same polishes time and time again, so using untrieds is a good thing for me to be doing :D
 My base is 1 coat of China Glaze - So Blue Without You, and 1 coat of Nails Inc - Fitzroy square - a gorgeous mix of blue and green glitters.
Then I decided to stamp some thick swirls from PUEEN65 (from the first buffet set) with Orly - Luxe, to add some gold sections to my base.  Then I stamped the other image in black from plate QA88.  I really like this plate - it's one big continuous image, and it lets a really good amount of your base show through, so it's perfect for stamping over a glitter or multicoloured base.
So i was really, really pleased with how this turned out.  You can't tell what the gold image is at all, but it does add some really clean, small sections of gold to the base that make this a much more interesting mani.  I really love aqua and gold too, and the contrast with the black really makes the colours pop,  It turned out exactly as I hoped it would!  Hooray!

So, what do you guys think of this?  Have you ever stamped an image to create a base for stamping a different image?  If so, please show me, I'd love to see your results!  You can pop a link in a comment down below, post to the Facebook page, tag me on IG, whatever works for you :D

That's all from me today, but I'll be back for tomorrow's prompt.  (provided I can finish my mani tonight)  In the meantime, as always, you can check out all the other sparkly masterpieces in the thumbnails below....



14 comments:

  1. Lovely. I've not double stamped before but might have to try - this looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I hadn't either, usually with double stamping I've seen people use the same image, and have the second one slightly off-set. My placement skills are not there yet though, so this is perfect if I ever get double stamping as a challenge prompt :D xx

      Delete
  2. This is just stunning!! I love the gold underneath, it's almost like a great watermarble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much bee! I can never get my watermarbles this clean and defined so that's awesome to hear. Plus, super easy clean up is always a win :D xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha, right!? Not bad at all for just 1 coat of the topper :D xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my. These are absolutely gorgeous!! I love everything about these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous! I love how the gold stamping underneath really adds to the overall look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Sarah! It was a bit of a gamble, as I'd never used the gold polish before so I didn't know if it would even show up, but it turned out as well as I could have hoped :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )