Sunday 11 January 2015

31DC - Day 11 - Reversed Polarities

 Hiya lovelies, and welcome to day 11 of the 31 day challenge.  Today's prompt is "reversed polarities", which is essentially just inverted colours, for example, a yellow sea with a blue sun.  I played it fairly safe with my mani, as thinking about this one too much gave me a bit of a headache...... :p

For my base I used 2 coats of a bottle of LaFemme Lilac Cream, that I've mixed with some white polish, as I needed a paler lilac at short notice :)  I stamped some zebra stripes with MoYou London - Back to the 80's 04, and Orly - Basket Case.
Then I painted a single teal rose in the corner of each nail with Headline Colors - Poolside Party, Barry M - Guava, and Barry M -Cancun mixed with some black polish to make it a much darker teal.  Finally I added some purple leaves with Moyra Gel Look - Monique.
I'm not really sure how I feel about this mani to be honest.  I don't hate it, but I'm not wowed by it either.  It just looks kind of incomplete to me.  I do think that some tropical flowers would look amazing on this zebra print base though, so if nothing else, I have an idea for a summery mani in a few months :D

What about you guys - what do you think of this mani?

So, that's all from me today guys.  I'll be back tomorrow with whatever I manage to paint tonight.  I'm on early working hours this week though, and I'm shattered already, so please don't expect anything spectacular.  I haven't even looked at what the prompt is yet haha :D
In the meantime, please check out all the other mani's by browsing through the thumbnails below.  I have a feeling we're going to see some really interesting ideas for today's prompt :D




2 comments:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )