Sunday 18 January 2015

31DC - Day 17 catch up. "Recreate a mani by your favourite blogger".

 Hiya lovelies!  So, I've missed the last couple of prompts for the 31 day challenge, but while I may be down, I'm not out just yet.  I don't have anything for today's prompt, but I did do something for yesterday's prompt - "recreate a mani by your favourite blogger".  Now, whilst I could never narrow it down to just one single blogger, I do have a few ladies who's nail art I really, really love.  One of those ladies is the lovely Sam from FingerFood Nails.  Sam's had to take a little break from actual blogging recently, but you can still find her knocking around on Instagram @fingerfoodnails

I've always loved Sam's flowy/wavy freehand designs, but have never been brave enough to actually try one myself, so I figured I'd have a go at recreating this beautiful mani, here.
I started with 1 coat of white, which I mattified to give my brush a better grip on the nail, and then used black acrylic paint to paint my wavy lines.  Then I filled them in with Barry M Gelly - Guava, Blue Grape and Pink Punch, Moyra Gel Effect - Monique, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri - Brisk Blue. Next I went over the creams with Barry M Glitterati - V.I.P, Socialite, Fashion Icon, and Catwalk Queen.  (I used VIP on the light and dark blue sections)  Finally, I went over my black lines again, with black polish this time, and then added 2 coats of top coat.
I really love how this turned out, especially the pattern on the middle finger.  My colours aren't quite the same as Sam's, and my sections seem a bit too small, but that's the beauty of nail art.  Everyone's version will be a little different to the last persons.  I loved it anyway, and I hope I've done Sam's design justice.  What do you guys think?

Unfortunately, I managed to get a little smudge of orange/red polish on my index nail while cleaning up a little spillage, and didn't notice until it was too late and I'd removed the mani, so apologies about that! :'(

So, that's all from me today, but I'll be back in the 31 day challenge as soon as I can.  I'm not going to fuss about catching up on what I've missed just yet, so I'll be jumping back in in a day or two. :)
In the meantime, please check out all the other beautiful recreations in the thumbnails below xx




4 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with your re-creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey! It was so nice to finally have a go at one of Sam's wavy designs :D xx

      Delete
  2. great choice of blogger and great mani - i recognised it straight away xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay! I'm so pleased that you recognised who's mani it was! Sam definitely has her own style, which I have always adored, so it was SO good to finally put something of hers on my nails :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )