Tuesday 6 January 2015

31DC - Day 6 - Half and Half

 Hiya lovelies!  Welcome to day 6 of the 31 day challenge.  The prompt for today is "half and half", and at first I was dealing with a bit of a mental block trying to come up with something.  I kept going back to a mani I'd already painted and posted, and I couldn't seem to think of anything else.  In the end I just decided to pick out a couple of polishes from my stash and see what happened........

So, the two polishes I picked out were OPI - Anti Bleak, and Revlon Top Speed - Cupid.  I decided to put them in a gradient, and then I decided that I would add something black over the top.  I ended up picking out this flowers/vines image from Born Pretty Stamping Plate BP-17, and stamped that with Laqa & Co - Tuxedo.  Then I grabbed some black acrylic paint, and carefully painted a straight line from cuticle to tip.  I made them intentionally off-centre, and filled in the smaller halves with paint.  I alternated which side of the nail was black, as I wanted the black sections and patterned sections to span 2 nails at a time.  
I decided to line the divide with some gold embellishments, and I picked out some square shaped glitter from my glitter stash. I love the way it looks, but the glitter is not cut very even, and I spent about 30 minutes fishing through a pile of it for some fairly even squares. :/ I've decided I really need to get some small round studs, as those would have been much easier to work with.  The squares look pretty, but hardly worth the faff it took.  Especially since it was so hard to line them up straight! Needless to say, I was SO glad I didn't do both hands for this mani.  Today is my final day off of work so I'm trying to get as many mani's painted as I can, and there's not point painting both hands just to take them both right off again.  Lucky escape right there! :D

So, I loved the end result of this mani, despite some minor smudging issues, but I'd love to know what you guys think?  

That's all from me today, but I'll be back tomorrow with a pink and aqua mani for day 7.  In the meantime, why not check out all the other half and half mani's by visiting the thumbnails below...



4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Everything about it is pretty and together, it just looks super! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks so much Marisa! I really liked these ones too :D xx

      Delete

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )