Tuesday 24 February 2015

A2Z - O is for........Old. (Then & Now)

Hiya lovelies!  So, today I have my mani for last weeks A2Z, and the prompt was "Old".  I decided to recreate an old mani, with some of my oldest polishes.  The original mani was posted all the way back in November 2013 - see the original here.

I wanted to stay quite close to the original, but I did change one or two small things.  Firstly, the original mani was painted with Sally Hansen CSM - Lavender Cloud, Revlon - Cupid, and P.I.A - Shade 12.  This time I used all 3 of those polishes, as well as LaFemme - Lilac Cream.   I also swapped out the holographic heart studs for some pink holographic star shaped glitter.  Only because I've run out of the heart studs though haha :)

Just as before, I painted the stripes with a skinny striper brush, and the roses were stamped from MoYou Mother Nature 05.  I forgot to take a picture of the thumb, but that had the rose stamping too, stamped with Cupid.
To be honest, I'm not really sure why I chose this mani to recreate.  It's quite simple, so there isn't much difference between the then and now.  I think my stripes are a little cleaner here, but that's about it.  Never mind though - it's still a pretty mani, and I've wanted to use these star glitters for what feels like forever.  Honestly, I don't even know where I got them from anymore, so I guess they fit the prompt pretty well too. :D

So, that's all from me today, but I should be back on Thursday to post this weeks A2Z mani.  It may still end up being Friday, but I am going to try for Thursday.  In the meantime, why not check out what the other A2Z'ers put together for last week, by visiting the thumbnails below.





3 comments:

I would love to hear what you guys think! There's no captchas, and you don't need an account to comment!
All comments are moderated by me, so I will always try to respond as soon as possible : )